This practical and hands-on course will enable participants to apply the methodology immediately to their daily practice and know step by step how to plan and execute the commercialisation of their company's or client's intellectual property.
Bildungsziel der Schulung:
Why you should attend
- You will learn to use a step-by-step guide and toolkit to go from existing IP to a value creating contract.
- Take away practical tips and methodologies that can be used to foster commercialisation of your IP
- Efficient use of preliminary agreements, including confidentiality agreements, material transfer agreements, term sheets, and option agreements
- Due diligence on legal issues, including ownership of the IP, conflicting contractual obligations, third party rights
- Anatomy of a licence agreement, including grant clauses and definitions, payment terms, performance obligations, warranties and risk-allocation, law and jurisdiction
- Managing the legal issues during negotiations and beyond, including use of template agreements, negotiations in a litigation context, making formal offers, authority to sign, signature process, auditing performance of contractual obligations, amending and terminating the agreement, post-termination obligations
- Benefit from highly interactive sessions, including case studies, real-life examples and business simulation